Tactical Handgun 1 Course
This course is designed for shooters with at least a moderate level of skill. Beginning shooters would not have developed the necessary gun handling skills to safely participate in this course.
Coal Creek Armory offers a Basic Handgun Course which will help inexperienced shooters attain the skills required to participate in this course.
Students will need:
- Good quality carry holster (no flap holsters)
- Extra magazine(s) (enough to carry a total of twenty rounds)
- 200 rounds of ammunition
The first portion of the class will cover firearms safety and handgun presentation (drawing).
- Be sure of your target, also what is behind and around your target
- Always treat a firearm as if it is loaded (all guns are always loaded)
- Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy
- Keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to fire
After making certain all weapons in the classroom are unloaded, and there is no live ammunition in the classroom, we will practice handgun presentation (drawing). We will also practice a retention stance, body index stance and one-hand point shoulder stance, all from the holster. Once all students have a grounded understanding of each stance and are able to perform it smoothly we will move to the live firing portion of the course.
All firing, except the dim-light firing, will be 'from the holster'. All firing will be on command. Eight stages of firing, consisting of a total of 200 rounds will include instruction on body index, one-hand point shoulder, two-hand, and Weaver or Isosceles shooting stances.
Call 966-4545 or come by Coal Creek Armory to sign up.
Location: Coal Creek Armory, Inc.
10737 Dutchtown Road
Knoxville, TN 37932