NEW BENELLI DEALER!!!!
We have in stock M2, Nova, Nova H2O and others so stop by today and pick up what many consider to be the finest tactical shotgun on the market!
What's new and happening at Coal Creek Armory.
3 Day Combat Focus Shooting & Advanced Pistol Handling Class
August 1-3, Friday – Sunday
* Course size is strictly limited to 12 to ensure maximum 1-on-1 time, and this course will fill up quickly. Ask a Coal Creek Armory associate for a course registration form.
* Cost is $600 + Tax per student for 3 days - 25% non-refundable deposit required to register. The entire pistol range will be dedicated for the course for the duration of the instruction time – Friday 8:30-5pm, Saturday-Sunday, 9-5:30.
* Course Requirements: *2000 rounds of centerfire pistol ammunition, secure holster & belt and at least 3 pistol magazines. Ask for special course pricing to ensure your ammunition is in stock, and on time!
About This Course
This 3 day program combines the curriculum of the Combat Focus Shooting Course with much of the Two Day Advanced Pistol Handling Program into one 2000 round course. In addition to exploring the principles and fundamentals of the Combat Focus Program and numerous drills to help students develop a better understanding of the Balance between Speed & Precision, this course will cover the techniques of:
* 360 degree presentation from the holster,
* one handed (strong & weak) weapons handling,
* unorthodox shooting positions and much more.
- This course is features a significant amount time discussing what happens during dynamic encounters and dissecting each shooters performance, and will focus on the student’s ability to use their pistol as efficiently and consistently as possible under realistic conditions.
- A variety of drills and scenarios will be used to force the student to confront problems that come from administrative weapons handling and to reinforce good habits. This course can be taught at any square range and will also expose students to making the most out of any range session to keep tactical pistol training in context!
For decades, combat shooters have known (and progressive trainers have acknowledged) that the human body and mind have predictable, instinctive responses to surprise and lethal threats. While the basics of weapons handling and marksmanship are important skills for all shooters, they are not the basis for success during most lethal encounters involving the defensive use of a handgun. You are much more likely to be caught off-guard by an aggressive attacker in close quarters and low-light than you are to be confronted by a truly lethal threat in broad daylight standing 30 yards away in front of a dirt berm.
Combat Focus is an intuitive shooting program that is based on the study of empirical evidence from real violent encounters and builds on the body’s natural reaction to an attack. At the ranges that gun fights typically occur, Combat Focus is the most effective way to engage your threat with a handgun. This three day course empowers students by encouraging them to embrace their bodies natural reaction to a lethal threat and work with it to neutralize that threat as efficiently and effectively as possible. The Combat Focus Technique is not hip-shooting, in fact, the only significant difference between using this technique and sighted fire is the focus of your attention at the moment the trigger breaks.
About I.C.E. Training
“I.C.E.” Stands for Integrity, Consistency and Efficiency, the hallmarks of the programs, courses and services provided by the company.
I.C.E. is owned and operated by Rob Pincus, developer of the Combat Focus™ Shooting Program and Director of The Valhalla Training Center from its formal inception in 2003 through December 2007. Rob and his staff instructors have provided training to military special operations personnel from the Army, Air Force and Navy, law enforcement and security officers and those interested in the defense of their families, their homes and themselves at venues around the United States and Europe including Valhalla in Montrose, Colorado. Pincus has written articles in a variety of magazines, appeared as a guest instructor on television programs and is the developer of the Personal Defense Video Series.
Rob Pincus - Owner, Lead Instructor
Formerly the Director of Operations at the World Renowned Valhalla Training Center, Rob has been a trainer and consultant in various combative fields for many years and is the developer of the Combat Focus Shooting Program. His background in the military, law enforcement, executive protection and recreational shooting gives him a broad experience base. Rob’s specialty is progressive reality based training and fitting the fundamentals into the context of his diverse students’ environments. At the end of 2007, when Valhalla’s ownership decided to make the venue more exclusive, Rob established I.C.E. Training Company.
His courses emphasize EFFICIENCY and what really works during critical incidents, not what looks good on the square range or sounds good in court or in a classroom. Rob’s ideas on training & tactics have been shared all around the world through his role as a writer and Training Consultant with S.W.A.T. Magazine as well as lectures and courses throughout the United States and Western Europe.